DCB Awarded ‘Tier 1’ Ranking by DCPCS
DC Bilingual Public Charter School has again achieved Tier 1 status.
This amazing achievement ranks DCB among the top 10 highest-performing elementary charters in the city and in the top 25% of the District’s 73 tiered charter schools. We also celebrate the achievement of our partner schools as well as DC International for also receiving Tier 1 status.
DC Bilingual received an overall score of 75.3 — a 13-point gain from our previous score and a clear indication of our continued student-centered, academically-driven teaching approach. (View full report here).
DCPCS awards Tier rankings 1 through 3 based on evaluations of the School Quality Report. This report compiles information on each charter including re-enrollment, attendance, achievement and growth in PARCC and achievement in the PreK assessment, CLASS. Our incredible gains in Math and ELA (English Language Arts) in the 2015-2016 PARCC and CLASS, are directly responsible for our Tier 1 ranking.
Performance Metrics & Achievements:
- DCB is a Tier 1 School: ‘Tier 1’ is the highest ranking awarded by the DC Public Charter School Board (DCPCS) to charter schools within Washington, DC. This amazing achievement ranks DCB among the top 10 highest-performing elementary charters in the city and in the top 25% of the District’s 73 tiered charter schools.
- DCB is among DC’s Top Performing Schools Educating More Students with Disabilities.
- DCB is among DC’s Top Performers in PARCC Reading 2015-16
- DCB is among the Most Improved: Schools with Highest School Quality Report Score Increase from 2013-14 to 2015-16.
- 2015-16 PARCC Assessment: Results demonstrate DCB continues to outpace previous results. Since the 2014-15 school year, DCB has made:
- A 2.9 percentage point jump in students scoring 3 or above in Math
- A 3.1 percentage point increase in students scoring 3 or above in ELA
- A nearly 12 percentage point increase in students scoring 4 or above in Math
- A 5.8 percentage point increase in students scoring 4 or above in ELA
- In 2015 DCB had the 4th highest % of 3rd graders at 3+ in ELA (the PCSB’s benchmark) of all charters in the city
- Washington, DC Mayor’s Award for Excellence in Art Education in 2015 (Garwin Zamora)
- 2015 FOCUS Achievement Award: Closing the Achievement Gap
- 2015 FOCUS Achievement Award: Special Achievement – ELL Students
- “Top Performing DC Public Charter School” on PARCC; 65% of students scored a 3 or higher in English Language Arts and 64% of students scored a 3 or higher in Math. These were higher than the citywide average of 44% and 56%, respectively.
- DC Bilingual had the highest percentage of students classified as ELL scoring proficient on the DC CAS Reading in 2013
- 2013: Fight for Children “Rising Star” Award: Improving low-income student achievement
- 80% of DC Bilingual’s fifth grade students scored proficient on the 2013 Science DC CAS after having received 100% of their science instruction in Spanish
- USDA HealthierUS Gold School: 2011
- Since 2008, DC Bilingual gained 43 points in math proficiency based on the DC CAS