DC Bilingual is highly committed to strengthening parental involvement. This year introduced parent “expos” that will take place during teacher conference days. Expos will provide families additional support and resources in academic student support, nutrition, out of school time, and others areas parents can encourage learning at home.
The expos will occur quarterly and will promote the focus areas in a fun, engaging manner to promote these important topics in an accessible, engaging manner.
Additional opportunities for parental involvement include:
- DCB Website
- Weekly Head of School’s Email Message
- Classroom Newsletters
- DC Bilingual Facebook Group
- Alert Now Phone calls
- Monthly Calendar Reminders
- Report Cards & IEP Progress Reports
- Parent Teacher Association (PTA) Meetings
- Parent Teacher Team Meetings (PTT)
- Parent Teacher Conferences
- Family Handbook
- Parent Information Boards